Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Construction III, Part IV: Le Finale

The last meeting of construction classes are always fun, because you finally get to see your classmates' finished work after watching all the individual bits being worked on all semester. We actually had a two-class get together for our final presentations, which was double the fun. The other class' theme was "White Out," which yielded some very beautiful interpretations.

White Out

Yin and Yang

 Yin and Yang


 White Out

White Out

Ying and Yang

 Right: Yin and Yang, Left: White Out

Yin and Yang
I think my garments look better a body, so here are a few snaps I took at SMP Studios:

The bustier can go over the wrap, too.

The cut out back of the jacket shows off the embroidery

Motifs at the front and sides

Skirt, straight up.

Another view of the back
 The back pleat of the skirt is so long!

Draping with the jacket
Construction III was a really intense five weeks, and there were times where I felt I was really in over my head. A lot of the other students in the class were there because it was the last class they needed in order to graduate, and you could really tell from the level of their work. Nevertheless, I am quite happy with how all of my pieces came out, and feel like I really did push myself both creatively and technically to get everything done.

Big, warm, sincere thanks to Prof. J, without whom I do not think I would have come through it alive. She also encouraged me participate in a SUPER SECRET extracurricular thing, which will hopefully be out this fall. Despite the fact that it happened mere days before our final projects were due, and ate up more of my time than I could really afford, I'm so excited about it and so happy I did it. Here's a little teaser, and I'll say no more:



It's been two weeks since class ended, and I'm finally feeling hale and healthy again. (For a few days there I was convinced I had mono, so inexhaustible was my exhaustion and sluggishness.) Now to pack away plenty of sleep and funtimes in these two summery months before jumping back into the fray come fall. Excelsior!

5 comments:

  1. While patience is not one of my more obvious virtues, it was certainly worth the wait. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. Gorgeous. You've really outdone yourself, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no words for how awesome that garment looks. And this super secret project looks phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete