Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chillin' on the Veranda

So, school is back in session, and I find myself as busy as a bee again, scrambling to finish sets of flats, samples of mitered neckbands in stretchy jersey, and precisely piped pockets for tailoring. Let us harken back to a simpler time, a time of gentility and ease, a time just before the beginning of my gloriously lazy, post-Construction III summer, because the fruits of my super secret, stress inducing, sleep depriving project are ready to be harvested from all good bookshops. Veranda magazine's October issue, page 57: 


Oh hey there, form that I draped in drop dead gorgeous interior design fabric! I remember you! Fancy that--you're on the opening page of the spread.


Work from my fellow students. Pretty amazing, eh? We did all of this in maybe 10 hours or so.


Two more lovely dresses by M and myself. Mine is the one on the right.



How lovely is the red dress? True fact: The little frog closure on the front was my idea! You guys, I'm not gonna lie. I can't stop opening to this page and looking at my name. In print. In a fancy magazine. For work that I'm pretty damn proud of.  Again, I'm so grateful to Professor P. for championing the four of us through this, and to the awesome women from Veranda who were an absolute joy to work with. I'm looking down the gullet of another intimidating semester of work and school and schoolwork, but it's stuff like this that reveals there is light at the end of the tunnel. Stay tuned! 

9 comments:

  1. WOW that is fucking cool!!!! Your dresses are gorgeous doll! And now you are a published designer! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DIE. I LOVE THIS. Seriously. This styling is SO right up my alley. And yours is beautiful - I could tell it was your style by the corset-ish top.
    I am SO PROUD of you, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so PROUD of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are AMAZING! Such beautiful work, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so amazing. Celebrations are in order!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome, Sara! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. DUDE! these look so amazing! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is frigging AWESOME!!! You are the coolest gal I know. Gorgeous work, as always.

    ReplyDelete